Assessment and Support Coordinator
- Location: Dorchester, England
- Salary: £15.93 - £15.93 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kelby Sharber
Seven Resourcing are looking for an Assessment and Support Coordinator to work in Dorchester, Dorset. This position is paying £15.93 per hour and is full time.
Under the direction of the Area Practice/Locality/Specialist Manager and Advanced and Experienced Practitioners, to provide an assessment, support planning and review service in order to ensure that:
– vulnerable people are safeguarded and supported in managing risk;
– person centred outcomes and support requirements are identified, and – customers are encouraged and enabled to live healthy and independent lives for as long as possible. 2. To work closely with colleagues in the health, early help, community and voluntary sectors ensuring that person centred outcomes are met in ways which utilise available resources as effectively as possible. 3. To work within organisational policy and legislative requirements
- Under the direction and supervision of an Area Practice/Locality/Specialist Manager and Experienced or advanced Practitioners, undertake allocated assessments, person centred support planning and reviews.
- To undertake straightforward financial assessment and provision of welfare benefits advice signposting to specialist services where appropriate.
- To provide information, advice and signposting to help people stay healthy, plan for their future needs, use services effectively, take responsibility for their own health and care.
- To ensure assessment outcomes are planned to maximise the impact of prevention and recovery services to support independence.
- To encourage and support people to look after themselves, their families and their communities promoting choice and control for people and the use of personal budgets and direct payments.
- To work jointly with colleagues in early help and in the voluntary sector to identify local resources and voluntary services which can contribute to healthy communities and deliver person centred outcomes. To assist people to have realistic expectations about the support and care that the Council is able to offer, through involvement and communication and ensure the most effective and targeted use of resources to meet customer outcomes.
- To proactively support and actively contribute to the delivery of integrated health and social care services and to build effective relationships with health partners and the voluntary and community sector.
- To attend team meetings and other meetings relevant to the work of the service group.
- To operate within financial and budgetary guidelines.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and vulnerable adults alerting the Area Practice/Locality/Specialist Manager or Experienced Practitioners of safeguarding concerns.
- To undertake training and development as required.
- To maintain records and input and maintain records on core computer systems as required and undertake training as necessary.
- To provide work familiarisation and induction support to other team members or students.
- To contribute to the provision of a response to civil emergencies as required.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.