- Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- Salary: £642.57 - £800 per day
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Assistant Director to work in Stoke-On-Trent. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £642.57 (PAYE) or £800 (umbrella) per day. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
The core purpose of this post is to support the delivery of the Corporate strategy of the Council through the provision of high-quality services relating to housing strategy and housing management. The post-holder will ensure the delivery of high-quality services against agreed priorities and standards, with a strong focus on continuous improvement and value for money. The post-holder will be responsible for ensuring that the council meets its statutory duties with respect to the HRA-related functions.
- To act as the council’s lead senior officer for housing management and related functions, overseeing and implementing the transformation of housing-related services, taking on board the conclusions and recommendations of Housing Health Check/Inspection activities and the feedback from deep engagement with residents, including crucially, council tenants and leaseholders.
- Responsible for all HRA Housing/Landlord Services including client responsibility for Housing Repairs and Maintenance
- Contribute to the development of a sustainable HRA Business Plan, producing appropriate and effective Housing/Landlord Policies, Strategies including relevant Asset Strategies (via Unitas)
- Compliance with the regulators Consumer Standards including in particular the standard relating to tenant involvement/empowerment
- To promote a clear focus on quality assurance, service accessibility and responsiveness, maximising customer involvement and insight, to contribute to the development of sound leadership and a high-performance management culture within the Directorate.
- Act as the council’s client lead for the relationship with Unitas as the wholly owned delivery vehicle for housing maintenance and repairs, focusing on high quality service performance and business development.
- Provide a robust client role in relation to all services and capital investment provided through the HRA Business Plan in respect of maintenance and upgrade of council housing in the city.
- Manage the HRA finances in close partnership with finance colleagues to ensure that the HRA account is sustainable over short, medium and long term, enabling a structured programme of investment in the maintenance and replacement of stock.
- To determine the best models of service delivery, across the division which delivers a high-quality customer experience, achieves high performance and contributes to the council’s ambitions to be a commercial council.
- To develop/negotiate joint approaches to local service planning and delivery in partnership with all the relevant internal and external services providers and regional and national bodies.
- To support and implement the Council’s budget strategy within Government controls, including delivering on the requirements set by the section 151 officer on senior budget holders.
- To develop and maintain appropriate relationships with diverse stakeholders including; elected members, council officers, local communities, businesses, Government departments, and other external agencies in order to maximise capacity and pool resources wherever possible, including undertaking work with and for other LAs.
- To ensure the Council is equipped and supported to address all Government inspection and other external scrutiny in order to secure positive outcomes and high levels of achievement.
- To ensure that the right systems, policies and procedures are in place which secure a high standard of probity, regularity and control at all times, including with respect to information governance.
- Actively contribute to the role of the local authority as a corporate parent, in supporting our looked after children and care leavers to thrive
- To embrace and role model the council’s commitment to develop a culture of continuous improvement and restorative practice.
- To ensure all employees within the portfolio have clear delivery plans, both in terms of their team as well as individually so that responsibility for achieving outcomes is shared and accountability is clear.
- To act as an ambassador for the Council, promoting and enhancing the authority’s image as a Member-led authority ambitious for the city, supporting the formation of strategic alliances and developing effective working relationships on a local, regional and national basis.
- To lead on excellent employee relations through staff consultation and regular contact with Trade Union representatives at all levels.
- To promote equal opportunities with our communities and staff through personal example, open commitment and clear action.
- To develop a positive working environment encouraging active involvement of employees in shaping the co-production and delivery of services.
- Qualifications: An appropriate professional housing qualification within the requirements of the Social Housing (regulations) Act 2023 plus evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and 2 x references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.