Job Reference: 58550
Assistant Housing Officer
- Loughborough, Leicestershire
- £14.32 - £14.32 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Assistant Housing Officer to work in Loughborough. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £14.32 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). There are 2 positions available – one part time and the other full-time.
To assist the Allocations and Lettings Team in the smooth running of the Councils Housing Allocations Service and Choice Based Lettings scheme.
To assess the needs of housing applicants according to the Council’s policies and procedures.
To deliver an effective and appropriate service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination.
- To carry out all functions associated with Housing Register processes, including assessing new and transfer applications and change of circumstances, and accurately updating associated IT systems and files.
- To assist with the advertising of vacant Council and Registered Provider properties and the shortlisting of applicants. To record all refusals of offers, updating IT systems and files accordingly and monitoring outcomes.
- To respond to routine correspondence in relation to Housing Register applications and the Choice Based Lettings scheme.
- To deal with enquiries and to advise clients regarding the housing register, transfer, and allocations processes, by telephone and face to face. To refer clients to Housing Officers where necessary.
- To liaise with partner agencies and Registered Providers.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: Experience of Housing Allocations, Choice Based Lettings or related work.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.