Assistant Manager – Family Unit
- Location: Croydon, England
- Salary: £27000 - £27000 per annum
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Contact: Sophia Bliss
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Permanent Assistant Manager to work in Croydon within one of our clients Family Unit.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9-5 (occasional weekend if needed)
To be a positive role model for the parents, child and practitioners and encourage both to develop meaningful relationships and attachments.
To be responsible for the case management of a defined number of families advising and supporting throughout the assessment process.
Responsible for the safe running of the Transition Unit on a shift-by-shift basis, ensuring compliance with Residential Family Centre National Minimum Standards, Health and Safety legislation and safeguarding legislation.
- To be responsible for overseeing the management of a defined caseload
- To ensure that all documentation is relevant and robust.
- To complete the weekly summary report for identified families.
- To direct staff on specific key work and traffic light sessions as required and ensure delivery of such to achieve outcomes.
- To liaise with the LA, Guardian and ISWs as necessary and to work with the ISW to agree an assessment plan and implementation of this plan.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all meetings are planned and documented appropriately, and that staff are in attendance where necessary.
- To direct and oversee co-key workers and other staff who will be working with the family on a daily basis, including supervision of staff where appropriate.
- To liaise where necessary with other professionals i.e. health visitors, GPs, social workers.
- To assist in preparation for reviews and meetings and attend when required.
- To develop and sustain collaborative links with a range of agencies and practitioners alongside parents in order to co-ordinate and deliver bespoke support packages to children/young people and their families (e.g. R3).
- Promote an assertive but supportive approach with families which engages families in identifying and implementing solutions and ensure that parents/carers and children/young people are able to participate fully in decisions that impact on their wellbeing.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 and 5 or working towards.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.