- Location: Dudley, England
- Salary: £52 - £52 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing is working with Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council to recruit a Barrister/Solicitor.
£52 per hour (via umbrella company)
Initial 3 months’ contract
The purpose of this role is to assist in the provision of an efficient and effective legal service to the Council, its Members, various directorates and officers.
This will include provision of an enhanced legal service to the Council’s Directorates of Children’s Services and Young People and Adult Social Care (as appropriate to the expertise of the lawyer), in respect of public law child protection and in line with the guidance and requirements of the Public Law Outline, the conduct of cases in the FDAC, undertaking policy and procedure work and training provision as required.
– To assist in the provision of an efficient and effective legal service to the Council, its Members, Council Directorates and Officers.
– To provide legal advice to the Directorate of Children’s Services and Young People and Adult Social Care and its officers as and when required.
– To represent the Council at Legal Planning Meetings, PLO pre proceeding meetings and receiving-in child protection conferences and any other meetings as required by Children’s Services to ensure the provision of an effective and efficient legal service to Children’s Services in relation to its child care and other functions.
– To represent the Council at meetings as required by Children’s Services and Young People and Adult Social Care to ensure the provision of an effective and efficient legal service in relation to its children’s and adult social care functions.
– To draft all legal documents required in the preparation of court proceedings up to the point of issue.
– To appear on behalf of the Council in the Family and Magistrate’s Court, Court of Protection, High Court and Tribunals on children’s and adult matters or on any matter as allocated by the Principal Solicitor, to cover urgent hearings or absences or due to temporary increases in court hearings.
– To instruct Counsel to act or appear on behalf of the Council as and when required.
– To advise on the merits of the initiation of proceedings by or on behalf of the Council on matters as allocated by the Principal Solicitor.
– To provide out of hours advice and representation to the Children’s Services and Young People (if appropriate to expertise) when required.
- Degree in Law
Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Barrister/Solicitor in the UK.
Compliance: Up to date Passport, DVLA Check and DBS.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.