Job Reference: 58340
Benefit Assessment Officer
- Daventry, Northamptonshire
- £24 - £28 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 3 Benefits Assessment Officers to work in Daventry. These positions are initially for a period of 6 months and are paying from £24.00 – £28.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To administer Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction new claims and change in circumstances efficiently and promptly to minimise fraud and overpayments and to maximise subsidy income to the Council, in accordance with government legislation, and corporate priorities.
- Interpreting and keeping up to date on complex legislation to assess and make necessary decisions on all types of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction applications including changes in circumstances. This must be done within required timescales including compiling all the necessary information to accurately calculate entitlement. This includes specialised cases such as self-employed, students and persons from abroad and ensuring notifications of entitlement are issued correctly and are legally compliant.
- Receive and action correspondence in respect of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction from customers, landlords, Rent Service, DWP and other stakeholders including replying to requests for further information, statements of reasons, reconsiderations, and requests for backdated benefit.
- Provide a high quality and customer focused service giving advice on Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Universal Credit and wider Welfare Benefits and Welfare Reform through face to face interviews, telephone, electronic channels and home visits as required.
- Communicate and liaise with landlords, Debt and Welfare Benefit team, Housing, Revenues, the Rent Service, DWP including Universal Credit Service Centre and other stakeholders to ensure entitlement is correct, vulnerable clients are supported and to maximise income.
- Ensure that overpayments are correctly identified and categorised in accordance with legislation and to maximise the subsidy income to the Council.
- Prioritise and manage own workloads to ensure objectives and targets are achieved and customer requirements are met and to identify possible fraudulent cases, refer to Corporate Fraud team and provide information and evidence as required.
- Accurately maintain Council Tax records where changes are identified through Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction applications to ensure systems are aligned.
- To comply with new and existing Revenues and Benefits legislation and working practises,including keeping up to date with the contents of the procedure manual.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: Experience of assessing claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction and knowledge of welfare benefits.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.