Job Reference: 58480
- Jarrow, Tyne and Wear
- £23 - £23 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 temporary Benefit Officers to work in Jarrow. This position is initially for 3 months and is paying £23.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). Working hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday.
To support the Benefits Processing Team Leader as directed.
- Promptly and accurately assess entitlement to all types of benefit.
Periodically review benefit claims and, where appropriate, determine, allocate and notify benefit over/underpayments.
Be proactive in identifying potential fraudulent claims and make appropriate referrals in accordance with established procedures.
Be familiar with the DWP CIS procedures, including the security of the system.
Liaise with internal and external agencies including DWP, Pension Service and Rent Officer.
Conduct personal interviews with members of the public in the Customer Service Centres.
Deal with telephone and written enquiries as directed.
Identify customers’ entitlement to other means tested benefits and offer advice accordingly whilst constantly challenging the way we do things with personal and team experience of best practice.
- Qualifications: 4 GCSE’s Grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Experience: Relevant experience of dealing with the public. Relevant experience of working in a financial environment. Experience of dealing with written enquiries. Experience of dealing with high volume of customer enquiries over the telephone.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and 2 x references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.