Job Reference: 60189
- Solihull, West Midlands
- £17.06 - £17.06 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council to recruit a Brokerage Team Leader for their Adults Services Commissioning Team.
You are responsible to the Strategic Commissioner for Markets and Performance.
£14.71 – £17.06.
Initial 3 month contract with the possibility of extension.
To act as Team Leader for the Brokerage Team, responsible for the line management of a team of Brokerage Officers, ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the service for sourcing care on behalf of social work teams.
To support Commissioners with commissioning intelligence drawn from internal and external sources.
1. To work and supervise the day-to-day effective delivery of the Brokerage service and ensure all placements are secured using the best placement options available.
2. To supervise and monitor the work of team members within your area of responsibility to ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal requirements, directorate policies, procedures, performance standards, targets and good professional practice reporting to the Strategic Commissioner where required.
3. Manage and support staff through effective supervision, performance, and development reviews with a view to ensuring personal and organisational continuous improvement. Ensure the adherence to Human Resources policy and procedures.
4. To contact care providers to arrange care for people coming out of hospital and in the community.
5. To work with our social work teams to ensure people are going into care provision in a timely manner.
6. To attend contract meetings with providers.
7. Negotiate costs with providers.
8. To gather and analyse data activity on the service.
9. To offer support and guidance to other Brokerage staff.
10. To ensure the service is covered at all times and tasks are assigned for completion.
11. To provide the Strategic Commissioner with weekly updates on service performance, advising on any issues that arise and escalate serious issues as appropriate.
12. Contribute to the ongoing development of Brokerage processes, looking at ways to improve service delivery.
13. To train and support new staff in the Brokerage Team.
14. To ensure all information is recorded onto appropriate systems (i.e. Liquid Logic and ContrOCC) and be responsible for maintain accuracy and data quality.
15. To ensure effective communication internally between Brokerage Officers and externally with social workers, providers and other key stakeholders.
16. Willingness to undertake development opportunities in line with the role and to utilise the learning from these opportunities in practice.
17. Any other duties that may be required that is commensurate with the grade of the post.
– Qualifications: GCSE English and Maths Level A* – C (4-9) or equivalent
the ability to demonstrate through extended experience, an equivalent level of literacy and numeracy
Experience of managing/leading and supervising a team of staff
Experience of training new staff
Experience and knowledge of interpreting and implementing complex procedures
Experience of using Liquid Logic
Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Compliance: Passport
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.