Job Reference: 60755
Building Control Surveyor
- Solihull, West Midlands
- £35 - £35 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven resourcing is working with Solihull Council to recruit a Building Control Surveyor.
£35 per hour (Umbrella) – negotiable for the right candidate
Full-time 37 hours per week
Initial contract until June – potential of extending – if there is the potential of there being a permanent offer you will have to re-apply, but you have a better chance of securing this if you already work for the service.
To be operationally responsible for the effective co-ordination and delivery of statutory Building Control functions through design appraisal and site inspection services.
– Assessment of applications for compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
– Undertake site visits, accurately document and record information in a timely and professional manner.
– Provision of appropriate pre-application/general advice on building matters to clients.
– Effective use of Information Technology to ensure accurate, timely and appropriate administration of Building Regulation applications and associated matters. .
– Communicating effectively with both internal and external customers on Building Regulations/related matters compliance and options.
– Enforcement action for non-compliance with the Building Regulations, including investigation of contraventions/advising on appropriate action.
– Effective administration of dangerous or dilapidated structures including appropriate actions to remove the danger.
– Pro-active management of client relationships to ensure ‘soft’ marketing of the service at all levels.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant construction based subject.
Chartered status through the experience route.
Full Chartered status of a relevant professional body / institute, gained through the educational pathway (wherein Degree and Post Graduate qualifications necessary to attain Chartered status).
Experience: Knowledge and experience which demonstrates ability to undertake a wide range of Building Control duties, including plan checking and site inspections.
Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
Demonstrate a robust knowledge of Building Regulations and allied legislation.
Advanced understanding of technically complex projects and corresponding compliance solutions.
Experience of supervisory management, providing support and mentoring of peers and colleagues.
Presenting complex technical information effectively verbally or in in writing with clients.
Compliance: Up to date Passport/Right to work in the UK
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.