Job Reference: 55406
Business Support Administrator
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £12.94 - £12.94 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Nottinghamshire County Council to recruit for an experienced Business Support Administrator for the Admin and Clerical services.
THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT JOB, PLEASE DON’T APPLY UNLESS YOU’RE FINE WORKING WITH AN AGENCY.
This role is based at County Hall in Bridgford; NG2 7QP
We provide corporate and operational legal advice, assistance and support to the Council for the benefit of the community we serve. We aim to offer a flexible service that meets the needs of our clients. Our services are provided by friendly and experienced staff who have worked in the public sector and the legal profession for many years. The service is predominately made up of two teams. The Litigation team and the Corporate & Environmental Law team with support from a small Business Management Team.
The Business Management Team provides business support for Legal Services including financial administration, performance management, legal practice inductions for new staff, practice management accreditation, practice management support to eight managers and maintains records for the Legal Practice. Oversees and maintains records for EM LawShare (a local authority purchasing consortium for the provision of legal advice).
A range of tasks that are covered by the Business Management Team are attached.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work to defined business standards and processes to perform routine clerical tasks including taking and making telephone calls, checking and verifying information, typing and photocopying; with due regard to confidentiality and safeguarding.
To provide advice and guidance to customers, business partners and others on business processes and operational service issues.
Create, manage and manipulate information whether relating to finance, staffing information, customers or any other service requirement or eligibility criteria, this will include producing bespoke and complex reports.
Develop basic systems and processes to meet operational needs and to ensure the high quality of information held.
To undertake a range of financial management processes, including processing orders, resolving issues, budget monitoring, reconciling accounts and handling cash.
Responsible for the organisation of meetings and events including booking venues, issuing invitations and papers and taking minutes.
Undertake reception duties, meet and greet visitors, provide direction and give advice and guidance to basic enquiries.
- Qualifications: Good literacy and numeracy skills to NVQ 2 level or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience of providing business support in a busy environment. Experience of data input and data management ensuring accuracy and where appropriate confidentiality. Significant experience and competence using IT and common business support packages including word processing and spreadsheets. Experience of note and minute taking. Experience of providing information to the public or customers using good communication skills. Experience of using defined business processes and giving guidance on them to colleagues.
- Personal Skills and General Competencies: Put into practice the Council’s commitment to excellent customer care. Works efficiently and effectively and actively looks for ways of improving services and outcomes for customers. Works well with colleagues but also able to work on their own initiative. Shares the Council’s commitment to providing a safe environment for customers and staff and also treating all with respect and consideration.
- Compliance: Up to date Passport
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.