- Location: Leeds, England
- Salary: £13.44 - £13.44 per hour
- Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Contact: Robert Kingdon
Job purpose & context: Café Manager:
Seven Social Care has an amazing opportunity as a Café Manager in one of Leeds’ iconic public buildings, in a high quality, fast paced catering environment.
Accountabilities: Café Manager:
- Ordering and controlling of all stocks required for the operations
- Manage staff including on performance and disciplinary matters
- Prepare staff timesheets and rotas
- Assist in the preparation of food and drink
- Ensure customer focus and provide an efficient and polite service to customers
- Assist in cleaning the kitchen and all service areas
- Ensure adherence to the Food Hygiene Regulations 2005
- Provide cover at other venues in the city if asked to do so
- To ensure that the operations always meet with the Statutory Regulations in respect of Health and Safety at Work
Skills, knowledge & experience: Café Manager:
- Communicating with a wide range of people individually, in groups and at all appropriate levels
- Managing the day to day operation of a cafe
- Implementing financial / cash controls – taking cash and card payments, cashing up and preparing money for banking in accordance with relevant procedures
- Compiling and costing menus
- Ordering goods as required
- Managing staff including preparing rotas
- Preparing basic ingredients e.g. sandwiches, salads and snacks and preparing and cooking hot meals
- Working to strict deadlines
- Making barista coffee
- Working knowledge of HACCAP, hygiene and food handling regulations and the Food Standards Act 2005
- Practical knowledge of catering procedures and of cleaning procedures for catering equipment
Qualifications & training: Café Manager:
- Candidates will be asked to demonstrate that they have completed appropriate food handling training.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.