Job Reference: 58025
Care Manager / Social Work Assistant
- Hexham, Northumberland
- £12.95 - £15.92 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of temporary Care Manager’s/Social Work Assistants to work with the Adult Social Care Team in the Adults Locality Team in Hexham, Northumberland. The hourly rate will be £12.95 (PAYE) or £15.92 (umbrella).
To provide a care management service within a specific user group, where less complex problems are presented, under the regular supervision of the Team Manager/Senior Social worker.
To assist in practical tasks in other cases.
To refer more complex problems to Team Manager.
- To carry out the assessment for less complex cases of social care problems and carers assessments and devise and develop care plans which address need, taking into account service user choice.
- To communicate at Multi Disciplinary Team Level with professionals and non professionals information both verbally and in written form.; advice; care plans etc. to service users, carers, families and interact and liaise with local agencies/providers. Furthermore, to share knowledge, information and advise non mental health professionals.
- To undertake training identified in annual/ personal development review and any mandatory training as well as training appropriate to specialism.
- To work autonomously under the supervision of the team manager, managing, prioritising and being accountable for own practice.
- To manage own diaries and case load in an effective and cost efficient way and plan such work in an effective way as to allow the required monitoring and review of services delivered.
- To carry a caseload where less complex problems are presented and co-work more complex cases as required.
- To provide practical assistance, support with recovery, and advice to service users on the caseload of other workers, subject to the agreement of the Team Manager. This will include supporting the discharge of service users from hospital.
- To advocate on behalf of service users and signpost/refer to other agencies when required.
- To participate in the office duty system as appropriate.
- To establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with individual service users, groups, families and the staff of other agencies. This would include working with people who could present with disturbed, upset, and challenging behaviour.
- Qualifications: NVQ 3 in social care/equivalent.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.