Job Reference: RK11020
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £14 - £14 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care has a great opportunity available at the University Technical College in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
To prepare, deliver and serve freshly cooked meals to meet with Food Safety, Healthy Eating Standards, Leeds City Council and the school, centres and adult social care policies, procedures and guidance.
Food production, portion control, presentation and service to accommodate service requirements within timescales and to agreed standards.
Check deliveries and store all goods as stated in HACCP and Food Safety policies including stock rotation.
Ensure attention is paid to following menus and any religious or dietary needs of service users.
Accountabilities for Chef
- Food production, portion control, presentation, and service to accommodate service requirements within timescales and to agreed standards.
- Order goods and contact approved suppliers.
- Check deliveries and store all goods as stated in HACCP and Food Safety policies including stock rotation.
- Ensure attention is paid to following menus and any religious or dietary needs of service users.
- Apply Council Values and abide by all relevant policies and procedures in particular those relating to Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Health & Safety
Skills, knowledge & experiencefor Chef
- Portion control, preparing, cooking delivering and serving meals to maintain the settings high level of service delivery
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including face-to-face and telephone skills
- listening actively, asking questions, clarifying points and checking understanding
- Dealing positively with difficult and challenging people
- Demonstrating an ability to work as part of a team
- Working on own initiative and adhering to strict timescales
- Competence in the use of commercial catering equipment
Qualifications & training for Chef
- Basic Food Hygiene
- A QCF/NVQ, qualification, or equivalent, in Catering/Hospitality
- An understanding of the delivery of catering services
- Enhanced DBS
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.