Job Reference: 55736
Child Care Officer
- Grimsby, Lincolnshire
- £14.38 - £14.38 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of temporary Child Care Officers to work in Grimsby. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £14.38 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To provide a range of services and direct care to meet the needs of vulnerable children within an agreed shift pattern in a residential setting to ensure good outcomes for children and families.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate advice, help and guidance for children and families where there are behavioural difficulties and particular vulnerabilities. Advises and assists service users on budgeting and welfare issues, and acts as a nominated “key worker” ensuring that the day to day requirements of the placement plan are adhered to. Provides services for children and their families within a residential setting or by making visits to individual clients/ carer’s within the community, in accordance with National Minimum Standards and Directorate policy.
Attends, participates and contributes in meetings/case conferences with responsibility to ensure the views and assessed needs of the child remain the primary (paramount) consideration of the proceedings.
Responsible for ensuring that the provision of services complies with departmental policy, and records, both manual and electronic are maintaining strictly in accordance with Directorate policy and legislation.
Responsible for writing and submitting reports to child care reviews and other meetings.
Responsible for planning and coordinating services with other professionals/agencies as required by Child In Need/Care Plans for individual clients, to ensure that the assessed needs of Looked After young people are met.
Is responsible for implementing a Care Plan ensuring a child’s primary care needs, including the administering of drugs and medication, are met in line with required Directorate policy and procedure, and therefore assisting the Council in discharging its statutory corporate parenting responsibility for those NELC “looked after children” in residential care.
Takes responsibility for shift-leading within the home, and in so doing complies with the relevant National Minimum Standards, and Directorate Policy and Procedures in providing for the safe and secure running of the Children’s Home.
Prepares food and meals, delivering children’s dietary and health requirements and plans to comply with Policy and Procedure.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Childcare.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.