Child Care Support Worker
- Location: Blackwood, Wales
- Salary: £15.81 - £15.81 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Childcare Support Worker to work in Blackwood. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £15.81 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
We seek the appointment of a support worker who would be able to assist young people with a myriad of independent and self-care tasks, which are invaluable life lessons for a young person to develop.
- Assisting young people in making passport applications which includes approaching family members to obtain necessary consent.
- Making requests for birth certificates ensuring the referral documents contain the correct information to enable a young person to have their own copy. This would help with future applications such as passports as named above.
- Completing requests for National Insurance numbers. This can take considerable time attending the office for this to be completed if undertaken by a social worker it would detract from the important assessment and risk management role they are undertaking on a daily basis and so would benefit from a support worker spending the required time along with the young person.
- The support worker would play a role healthy eating and helping young people with their food shopping and providing money to support their independent living skills. This could include helping young people to access public transport and what is expected from, purchasing tickets, to reading timetables/bus maps and organising time for journeys.
- The support worker could also support young people with their budgeting and understanding the impact of overspending and risks of being in debt and managing their bank accounts, reading statements and what this means.
- The support worker would be able to support a young person’s attendance to contact and promotion of family time, maintaining these vital links.
- Qualifications: NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care (desirable and not essential).
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and 2 x references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.