Child in need & Child protection Social Worker
- Location: Walsall, West Midlands
- Salary: £33.3 - £33.3 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a dedicated and passionate Child in Need & Child Protection Social Worker to join our team in Walsall. The successful candidate will primarily focus on ensuring the welfare and safety of children that they work with, as well as assist them in different challenging situations they may be facing.
1. Developing constructive relationships with children and families while maintaining professional boundaries.
2. Undertaking and writing up assessments which provide a clear analysis and offer a sound basis for pragmatic, resource-focused plans.
3. Collaborating with children, families, colleagues, and other related agencies to create, implement, monitor and review child in need and child protection plans.
4. Direct work with children and their families including visits, observations and assessments.
5. Providing evidence in court regarding child welfare or protection cases.
6. Participating in regular supervision and team meetings.
7. Persistently working towards and advocating for the best interests of children.
8. Continual professional development to keep up to date with best practices and regulations related to child social work, child protection, legislation and guidance.
1. Qualified and registered with Social Work England.
2. A minimum of 2 years post qualifying UK experience.
3. Knowledge of current legislation and policies regarding child protection and welfare.
4. Excellent observational skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to manage own time effectively, prioritising tasks under limited supervision.
7. Driving license and access to a car.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive environment where the focus is on the quality of service provision to support children remaining within their families and communities.
The above is a broad representation of responsibilities and not exhaustive, further parameters may be added.
To find out more, or to apply, please forward your CV.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.