Job Reference: 57618
Children in Care Senior Practitioner
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £32.33 - £32.33 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is working with Birmingham Children’s Trust to recruit Children in Care Senior Practitioner for North West Central Birmingham at New Aston House.
Pay for the Senior Social Workers is £32.33 per hour.
These are initial 3 month contracts with the onlook of extension.
– Handling a caseload of 15-18
– Working from home but will need to be able to do statutory visits or court work
– Statutory duties relating to children in care and attending meetings
– Developing and progressing care and pathways plans
What is the average caseload/workload? 15-18
What age groups does your team deal with? 0 -18
Are there specific home visits or would it be mainly working from home? – working from home unless you have to do statutory visits or court work that need to do be done FTF, eventually we will move to a hybrid working model with flexible working post pandemic restrictions
How often is supervisions? – monthly with additional wellbeing check-ins / group supervision bi-monthly
What is your induction and online training process? – Individual inductions are done with the managers in accordance with the team. Eclipse system induction and BCT initial training on intranet
Would you consider anyone part-time or 4 days per week if they had good experience ?- currently they need at least 30 hours work needs to be done , this could be with condensed hours (6hrs per day x 5) or four day working
Would you consider a non-car driver or would they need to drive? – non car drivers will be considered on a team by team basis, good public transport links city-wide
Is there court work involved? yes
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 4+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK. Court and Looked after Children experience is desired but not essential. Senior Practitioner experience is desirable but not essential.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.