Children in Care Senior Social Worker
- Location: Birmingham, England
- Salary: £38 - £38 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Health & Social Care are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Social Worker to join our Children in Care team. This is a highly rewarding position that plays a pivotal role in safeguarding children and ensuring their welfare.
1. Work as a part of a multidisciplinary team aimed at safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in care.
2. Act as a primary professional in assessments and plans following the legislative and procedure frameworks of the Children Act 1989 and associated regulations.
3. Regularly gather, analyse, summarise, and evaluate complex information from multiple sources to provide well-argued professional judgments and recommendations.
4. Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users and partners to improve outcomes for children and families.
5. Participate actively in professional supervision, training, and development opportunities provided by the department as well as independently.
6. Provide on-going support, advice, and challenge for colleagues to ensure consistent and effective practice.
7. Assist with the preparation of court reports and other complex reports as required.
8. Comply fully with the standards and expectations of professional social work registration and keep abreast of legislation, policy, research, and best practice relevant to this specialist area.
1. Suitable applicants must be Qualified Social Workers registered with Social Work England.
2. A minimum of 3 years of experience in Children’s Services is essential, with substantial experience in Children in Care.
3. Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, and practice in relation to Children and Families is mandatory.
4. Excellent communication, negotiation, and advisory skills, with the ability to work both autonomously and as a team player.
5. Experience in preparing and presenting reports in legal proceedings is desirable.
6. A driving license and access to a car may be required.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced professionals to contribute to our organization’s goals. Kindly note that this position requires an enhanced DBS check due to its nature.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Type of Employment: Full time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent (to be specified by the company)
Please note: The salary rate of £38 per hour may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.