Job Reference: MA103
Children Social Worker | Hertfordshire | £28
- Sefton, Merseyside
- £47 - £47 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Childrens Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Sefton.
Applicants will be joining a newly formed court team which will be managed by two of our in-house managers. As a Childrens Social Worker you will respond to new referrals from professionals and members of the public. They will investigate allegations of neglect, physical, sexual, and emotional abuse so that a child or young person is protected from harm.
- Holding a mixture of cases including complex cases.
- To investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse, or ill-treatment of children; undertake assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children, young people; maintaining appropriate personal/ professional boundaries.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers, and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning activities.
- To maintain an awareness of own professional limitations and knowledge gaps.
- To make effective use of supervision and appraisal as an opportunity to critically reflect on casework and to identify learning and development needs to continually improve upon practice; and to support CPD.
- To demonstrate the standards of proficiency as required by the HCPC to maintain registration.
- To work within the organisation’s professional policy and procedures and code of conduct.
- Qualifications: Must be a court qualified social worker, with 4 years of post-qualification experience.
- Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.