Children With Disabilities Social Worker
- Location: Herefordshire, England
- Salary: £43 - £47 per hour
- Type: Temporary / part time
Seven Health & Social Care are seeking a compassionate, committed, and highly skilled Children with Disabilities Social Worker to join our dynamic team in Herefordshire. The role involves supporting children with disabilities and their families by providing targeted, specialist social care that allows them to live fulfilling lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Deliver personalised care support, promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children with disabilities.
2. Collaborate with families, caregivers, and other professionals to assess the needs and formulate care plans for children with disabilities.
3. Advocate for the rights and needs of children with disabilities within wider service provision.
4. Provide support in crisis situations, working with multidisciplinary teams to mitigate and manage risk.
5. Offer guidance and counselling to families dealing with the challenges of raising a child with a disability.
6. Conduct regular case management reviews and maintain comprehensive records and reports.
7. Identify suitable education, therapeutic, and social activities for children to improve their skills and well-being.
8. Support with transition planning, as children move through different stages of life.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
1. A degree in social work and registration with Social Work England.
2. Proven experience working with children with disabilities and their families is preferred.
3. Ability to build good relationships with children, families, and professionals.
4. Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and counselling skills.
5. Good knowledge of legislation and policies relevant to disability and children’s welfare.
6. Strong advocacy and negotiation skills.
7. Ability to make sound judgments in complex situations and under pressure.
8. Must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
In line with our commitment to children’s safety, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, patient, empathetic, and have a passion for making a real difference in the lives of children with disabilities and their families. If you believe you’re the right fit for this role, we’ll be excited to hear from you.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we particularly welcome applicants from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams, including BAME, applicants with disabilities, and LGBT+ applicants.
Join us and make a meaningful impact on the lives of children and their families by providing compassionate, professional, and effective care and support.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.