Job Reference: 58298
Children with Disabilities Support Worker
- Solihull, West Midlands
- £15.49 - £15.49 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is working with Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council to recruit a Children with Disabilities Family Support Worker in their Children’s Services.
Pay is £15.49 per hour via umbrella company.
Initial 3 months with the potential of extension/permanent workers.
To provide a support service under the direction of Assistant Team Manager involved in investigation, assessments and intervention with vulnerable children and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– To support qualified social workers in completion of statutory assessments though the collation and recording of current and historical information held by the local authority and other professionals.
– To support social workers in completion of statutory assessments through joint and independent visits to children and families for the purpose of gathering information and specifically establishing qualitative information on the views and wishes of children.
– To support children, young people and parents by providing practical advice and assistance enabling them to engage with other services, develop positive and consistent routine of family life, and to develop positive relationships and behaviour management strategies within a family.
– Undertake direct work with children, young people, and parents on a 1-1 and group basis promoting the welfare of children in need of support, care and or protection, including care leavers.
– To complete independent written observations and reports of any direct work undertaken as part of a child’s plan and to attend assessment and planning meetings for children in need of support, care or protection, including care leavers, contributing verbal and written reports on their work.
– Contribute to the development of written child in need plans and act as Lead Professional on behalf of Children’s Social Work under the direction of a qualified social worker or manager.
– Facilitate and supervise contacts between children subject of care or protection plans and their parents/significant family members, completing observational reports as required.
– Participate, and contribute to, the duty function of the team as appropriate ensuing any issue concerning actual or likelihood of significant harm is brought to the attention of a qualified social worker or manager without delay.
– Contribute to/and write statements for court and act as a witness at court proceedings where necessary.
– To contribute to the supervision and management of non social work students
– To contribute to the learning of social work students
– To maintain Client manual and computer based records in accordance with Directorate Recording Policy.
– To actively challenge discriminatory behaviour, whatever the source, and report to the Assistant Team, Team Manager or Human Resources as appropriate in accordance with Directorate Policy.
– To report immediately any signs of neglect, injury or other causes of concerns for a children welfare or safety to the Assistant Team Manager or Team Manager.
– To actively participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal from the Line Manager.
– To actively participate in team meetings and the delivery of the Team Business Plan
– To observe the Health, Safety and Welfare Policy Statement in relation to self and others.
– Qualifications: NVQ 3 / Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young People or equivalent qualification.
– Experience: Experience & Knowledge
Experience of working with children/ young people or their families in a social care, educational or voluntary setting.
Experience of working with families to bring about change
Knowledge and understanding of child development and the needs of children.
Ability to act as agent of the service promoting the understanding of other professionals as to the role of CSW and specifically the FSW
Knowledge of how to promote Safe guarding issues for children and their families.
Experience in contributing to the delivery of training.
– Compliance: Up to date Passport Right to Work and DBS
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.