Children’s Occupational Therapist
- Location: Southampton, England
- Salary: £39 - £39 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a qualified and compassionate Children’s Occupational Therapist to deliver exceptional care to our young clients in the city of Southampton.
As a Children’s Occupational Therapist, your role will involve carefully evaluating and treating a range of developmental, behavioural, physical, and cognitive disorders and conditions amongst children. It is crucial for this role to have an empathetic approach and the ability to provide a comforting and supportive environment for children and their families.
1. Conduct detailed assessments of the child’s capabilities and needs, and devise customised intervention plans.
2. Educate and guide parents, teachers, and other relevant individuals about the child’s requirements.
3. Implement a therapeutic plan which could involve activities, exercises, or the use of particular equipment.
4. Monitor and record patient progress and adapt plans as needed.
5. Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all professional standards and regulations.
6. Liaise and collaborate with other healthcare professionals for a holistic approach to patient care.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. A valid license to practice Occupational Therapy in the UK.
3. Minimum of 2 years of experience dealing with paediatric patients.
4. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Demonstrated ability to build a strong rapport with children and their families.
6. Self-motivated, proactive and possess the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
7. Flexibility to travel and perform home or school visits as needed.
To be suitable for this role, it is crucial that you have a deep interest in helping children, ability to build trust with young patients, and a strong understanding of child development and disability conditions. If you possess these fundamental skills, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: The successful candidate will need to undergo DBS checks in line with local policies and procedures.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and cover letter on or before the closing date.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community, offering an opportunity to work in a rewarding and diverse environment where continuous professional development is supported and valued.
Southampton Occupational Therapy Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.