Children’s Placement Officer
- Location: Coventry, England
- Salary: £15.5 - £15.5 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Social Care is working with Coventry City Council to recruit a Children’s Placement Officer.
£12.69 – £15.50 per hour.
Initial 6 month contract.
Based at Broadgate House
Enhanced DBS Needed
The Children’s Placements Team is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, individual to join our Placement Team. The team are responsible for sourcing quality residential, fostering and supported accommodation placements for children & young people who are in need of protection and are not able to live with their families.
· Have a good level of IT skills,
· A strong customer focus,
· Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills.
· Effective communication skills,
· Be able to multi-task and work under pressure
· Prioritise their workload and respond in a timely manner.
· Have the ability and willingness to learn,
· Be adaptable and work flexibly.
· Have the ability to develop and maintain knowledge of different service provisions to meet the needs of looked after children, care leavers and vulnerable young adults.
· Ability to work in partnership with other professionals to ensure that we are able to meet the needs of the diverse range of children and young people who require our help, support and protection.
Knowledge: NVQ Level 3 in Health Care
– Knowledge of children’s services particularly in relation to Looked After Children and Care Leavers.
– Understanding of the legal and regulatory framework in relation to Looked After Children and Care Leavers.
– Understanding of Value for Money in a public sector context.
– Proficient in the use of IT systems
– Local Government functions and current issues facing local government children’s services.
– Understanding of the effects of discrimination and commitment to equality working.
Experience: Experience: – Experience of work relating to services for children and young people.
– Working in partnership and promoting effective working relationships at different levels.
– Participating in multi-agency working and working across organisational boundaries.
– Negotiating and influencing in complex situations.
– Meeting strict timescales and deadlines and managing frequently changing priorities.
– Managing difficult situations with a solution focused approach.
– Report writing
– IT systems
– Collecting, collating and interpreting data, and its presentation.
Compliance: Up to date DBS, Right to Work in the UK.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.