Job Reference: 59551
Childrens Registered Manager
- Cullompton, Devon
- £48000 - £48000 per annum
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for an Registered Children’s Home Manager to work with Claybridge Care based in Cullompton. This role is permanent and paid at £48000 Per Annum with a bonus of 15% based on the Ofsted Rating.
You will need to be keen and energised to be involved in opening a brand new children’s home, including the registration process with OFSTED and be involved in recruiting the rest of the team.
The home will be for young people aged between 8-18 and will be dealing with EBD (Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties).
Working as a Children’s Home Registered Manager, you must be willing to go above and beyond for the children and young people, ensuring that they have an experience of childhood that they can reflect upon and carry with them into adulthood. Your team must be driven by a shared ambition to ensure that the children and young people have an experience of childhood that they deserve, one filled with fun, laughter, friendship, and discovery.
- To be responsible for the day to day operation/management of an Ofsted regulated residential provision.
- To ensure the highest standards of emotional, social and physical care, promoting best outcomes for young people through research, development and partnership.
- To ensure strategic overview and vision of the organisation are embedded in policies, procedures and management strategies in collaboration with teams within the Trust.
- To deliver highly motivated leadership and development to the team for which you are responsible.
- Ensure that training is relevant, robust and effective and that the training program is dynamic, adaptive to the needs of current residents.
- To ensure that the staff team adhere to training requirements and timescales
- To develop high standards of communication with social work teams, the Virtual
- School, clinicians and other key partners.
- To ensure the provision maximise resources within a planned timescale and ensure all services are delivered in a way which maximises the participation of young people, respects their rights and is responsive to their wishes and views
- To take overall responsibility for all regulatory requirements associated with Ofsted registration and the home’s Statement of Purpose.
- To ensure all safeguarding risks are acted upon in immediately and the relevant action taken to mitigate the risk.
- Communicate effectively, in a timely way with all agencies and internal reports
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and at all times promote and ensureequality in practice.
- Undertake and participate in any required training programmes.
- Develop and maintain effective working partnerships with external providers as an integral part of the care pathway for children.
- To be able to challenge, in a sensitive way, engender collaboration for educational achievement and attainment, and foster a mutual responsibility for outcomes for all young people.
- Ensuring that the Educational needs of children in residence are assessed and
- Provided for, liaising with educational professionals producing Personal Education Plans.
- Ensuring that the emotional, behavioural and health needs are assessed and provided for, liaising with health and clinical professionals to produce individually agreed Health
- Action Plans.
- Experience: Recent experience working either as a Children’s Home Registered Manager or as a Children’s Home Deputy Manager in a Children’s Home.
- Qualifications: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (or equivalent qualification) / Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (or equivalent qualification).
- Compliance: Up to date Enhanced DBS, Right to Work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours (Full Time)
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.