Childrens Registered Manager
- Location: Southbourne, England
- Salary: £45000 - £45000 per annum
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kelby Sharber
Seven Social Care are looking for an Registered Children’s Home Manager to work in Southbourne, Dorset. For this role we would consider someone on a permanent basis or on a temporary long term contract, the pay rate for these roles are paid at £45000 Per Annum (Up for negotiation for a higher salary) or from £25 – £30 Per Hour on a temporary basis.
We are also offering a relocation package if you are considering this role from further afield.
We offer a caring, supportive residential environment for the young
people in our care. We have a number of years’ experience in high quality childcare supporting children from 10 to 18 years old, with our focus centred on the needs of the child. Ensuring and evidencing positive outcomes for young people is an essential aim of the role.
Is to ensure that all regulatory requirements of the home are met, including the writing and implementing of the Statement of Purpose, ensuring the statement meets company requirements and is implemented, evaluated and reviewed within the appropriate timescales.
To take full responsibility for the management of the Home and to provide the highest quality of care and support to children and young people in accordance with Company policies, procedures and protocols and the standards set by the Regulatory Body.
To manage a Residential Home and ensure the efficient operation of the service in Accordance with the relevant legislation, procedures, policies and the Statement of Purposefor the home.
- To co-ordinate and monitor casework and administrative functions of the home and evaluatestandards of performance.
- To assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the children and youngpeople and to identify and prepare specific development plans to ensure the mostappropriate service provision.
- To be involved in recruitment of staff including vetting, interviewing and inducting new employees in line with the local Safer Recruitment protocols.
- To contribute to a comprehensive staff training and development programme to enable the service to have available all necessary skills and levels of expertise to meet the needs of the young people.
- To contribute to the development of appropriate relationships with and between staff, young people and other stakeholders.
- To chair meetings, reviews and discussions as necessary.
- To participate in a range of corporate and management activities as defined by the Director of Operations.
- To ensure at all times that professional ethics and behaviour are demonstrated by all staff at all times. They will actively co-ordinate the service provision and will be a focal point for support, advice and coaching to all staff within the Home.
- To assist in the management, appraisal, supervision and support of all residential staff.
- To organise duty rotas in order to ensure that the needs of the young people are met at all times.
- To ensure that the Company’s financial and administrative procedures are adhered to and to work within a set budget relating to income and expenditure. .
- To work with other Managers to ensure that all staff work together and with others towards meeting the emotional and physical needs of the young people and planning for positive outcomes.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting individual rights, providing good quality care which is free from oppression and where differences are respected and valued.
- To promote appropriate and therapeutic relationships between staff and young people and
- their families, promoting the children and young people’s involvement and participation in the day-to-day life of the Home.
- To work in collaboration with other Managers as part of the Management Team and work effectively in partnership with Placing Authorities and the Local Authority
- To be part of an On-Call system.
- Ensure that the physical state of the building is maintained to a high standard and that all repair/maintenance problems are dealt with promptly.
- Any other such duties as may be required from time to time by the Operational Directors or their authorised representatives.
- Ensure that safe working practices are employed by all staff at all times in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work legislation. Will co-operate with designated personnel exercising their responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Experience: Recent experience working either as a Children’s Home Registered Manager or as a Children’s Home Deputy Manager in a Children’s Home.
- Qualifications: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (or equivalent qualification) / Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (or equivalent qualification).
- Compliance: Up to date Enhanced DBS, Right to Work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours (Full Time)
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.