Job Reference: 57475
Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Andover, Hampshire
- £12.5 - £12.5 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a number of Children’s Residential Support Workers to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in SEN (Special Educational Needs) the home is based in Grateley, Andover.
This is full time work and paying £12.50 per hour upwards depending on experience.
To primarily work in the residential area providing guidance, support and encouragement to young people in a variety of settings including classroom, education and off site activities. The job involves enabling our young people to develop by providing physical and emotional support. The role is about working as part of a team to maintain a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our young people first. Important qualities of this role are being a good role model and conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst on duty or representing the company at outside events.
- To build professional relationships with the young people and other staff at your establishment and throughout
the company and disengage from these appropriately.
- To do everything possible to maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, this will
involve domestic duties.
- To learn about our individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way following
all policies and procedures.
- To assist young people with their medical and welfare needs and to report as required, which may include the
administration of emergency ‘when required’ medication.
- To support our young people maintain their personal cleanliness, general hygiene and appearance, this may
include intimate care, following individual care plan.
- To keep up to date with all communication/information systems.
- Attend and take an active part in meetings as appropriate.
- To assist or be a Keyworker/Personal Tutor for 1 or more young people as required/needed.
- To support young people towards managing their own behaviour by using the skills and approved approaches.
- To promote equality, acknowledging individual differences and uphold the rights and responsibilities of our
young people and staff.
- Do everything possible to safeguard our young people from any form of abuse from staff, visitors or each other.
- To accurate reports and keep written records for monitoring purposes as required.
- Must have held a full UK driving license for 2 years or more (our Insurance requirement and safeguarding)
- Must be 18 or over.
- NVQ level 3 in Children and young people (preferred not essential)
- Good verbal and written English
- Good attitude towards children and will to help them
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role