Job Reference: 62553
Children’s Residential Worker
- Kingston upon Thames, Greater London
- £13.89 - £20.83 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for 2 Children’s Residential Workers, to work in a home based in Knaphill, Surrey.
To work in a team to provide day-to-day care for young people living in a Children’s Home. This is whilst working with the wider system of professionals and with families in order to understand a young person’s life experience and respond and act in ways that maximise a young person’s opportunities and potential.
- The role holder will act as a role model and work directly with our young people providing the best possible quality of personalised care that meets each child’s needs and promotes their welfare.
- Through the process of building meaningful relationships with them, the role holder will be part of a team that provides warmth, nurture and care for some of our most vulnerable children. Residential Workers will contribute to developing and maintaining a stimulating and nurturing environment, where the young people feel cared for, happy, healthy and safe from harm.
- The young people in the home have experienced significant trauma, which requires high levels of compassion, empathy, resilience and understanding. Due to this trauma, they can present challenging behaviour, including self harm, physical outbursts, and risk taking behaviour, where we have a responsibility to make them feel safe and cared for. All staff are integral to the running of the home and contribute to team meetings, shift debriefs, supervision and appraisal, whilst also, with support, leading shifts.
Shifts: The shifts are a mixture of 11:00 – 23:00 sleeping in, and then 7-11.30am next day or 11-23:00 on a rota basis, with roughly 36 hours being worked each week.
Rates of pay are starting at £13.89 for weekdays, and increasing up to £20.83 for weekends and nights.
- Experience: Experience working with Children in a Residential Setting (In the UK)
- Compliance: RTW in the UK with no restrictions
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.