Job Reference: RK11023
Commercial Vehicle Maintenance Technician
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £18.26 - £18.26 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is seeking a Commercial Vehicle Maintenance Technician to work in Leeds.
£18.26 per hour
Initially 3 months
Job purpose for Commercial Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Fleet Services is responsible for the inspections, checks and repairs of the corporate vehicle fleet and the operator license of Leeds City Council. You will be responsible for inspecting, servicing, repairing and maintaining the Council’s fleet of commercial, heavy goods and specialist municipal vehicles in accordance with statutory regulations and Council policy.
Accountabilities of Commercial Vehicle Maintenance Technician
- Accurate fault diagnosis of vehicle and specialist equipment defects.
- The correct use and care of specialist tools provided for repair and maintenance purposes.
- Efficiently carry out all work in accordance with specified repair policy.
- Reporting of defects revealed or observed during any repair process, including any instance where preventive work would be appropriate.
- Completion of all job related documentation required for management and charging purposes, including using and inputting data to computer systems
- Carry out all work in a safe manner, observing all relevant safety procedures, including “on site” work where directed.
- Inspect, service, repair, maintain and diagnose faults on the full range of vehicles as directed.
- Comply with, at all times, all requirements as directed by managers in relation to the use of GPS mobile workshop vehicles.
- It should be noted that vehicle repairs will be measured against scheduled repair times as documented in ICME, Autodata manuals, in addition to this pre-planned services will be completed against work times, these times are to be agreed through consultation with Technicians.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Carrying out service and repair work on all commercial vehicles.
- Minimum 3 year continuous period in either – approved apprenticeship or recognised
training scheme externally tested and validated.
- Two years continuous in commercial repair/service environment.
- High degree of manual dexterity.
- Communicate in both written and oral technical language.
- Sufficiently numerate for measuring tasks and tool setting.
Qualifications & training:
Knowledge of City and Guilds 4101 Light Vehicle maintenance and repair or equivalent.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.