Job Reference: 60012
- Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
- £18 - £18 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Commissioning Officer to work in Middlesbrough. This position is initially for a period of 1 year and is paying £18.00 per hour.
Provide support, advice and guidance to staff in relation to the commissioning of services for children’s in line with Council Standing Orders and relevant legislative requirements.
To work with a range of operational colleagues and other stakeholders to ensure that commissioned services deliver high quality services, meet needs and improve outcomes whilst also achieving value for money.
This role encompasses children’s services, children’s care and support, early help, send and education.
- To ensure that the voice of the child is at the heart of commissioning by engaging and working with Young Commissioners, children and young people who access services, carers and the voluntary sector as part of the commissioning process where appropriate.
- To support the commissioning of services across children’s services, including education, ensuring that service specifications and service level agreements achieve improved outcomes for children and families.
- To ensure all commissioning and procurement activity is compliant with the Council’s Standing Orders, Government Legislation and Procurement Law.
- Develop effective networks with Operational Leads in the service area to ensure that they are consulted and engaged in the entire commissioning process for services that fall under their remit of responsibility.
- To support the development, maintenance and promotion of a Market Position Statement for Childrens Services which will provide the right information to the market to ensure delivery of services that best meet the needs of children, young people and their families.
- Develop relationships with external providers in order to enhance market management and development and improve areas of weakness or meet gaps in the market.
- Research and identify areas of good practice across the range of Children’s Services in order to be innovative in our thinking and challenge and drive service improvement.
- Lead and support collaborative commissioning where appropriate and with a range of stakeholders (e.g. other Local Authorities, Health, etc).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience in commissioning or equivalent social care service.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 2 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.