Job Reference: 58143
Communications and Engagement Officer
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- £20 - £20 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Communications and Engagement Officer to work in Cambridge. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £20.00 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
The post holder will work independently to help deliver multi-faceted communications about individual projects, including designing and producing consultations and delivering communications plans to ensure these projects get the attention they deserve.
The post holder will encourage and facilitate communication and collaborative working both across council directorates and between partner organisations in Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire. They will also monitor costs of communications activities and evaluate their effectiveness.
To manage and maintain the Greater Cambridge Partnership communications systems, equipment and supplies in order that a fast and efficient service of information provision can be provided and ensure that records are kept up to date.
- Plan and implement consultation and engagement strategies with local and statutory stakeholders to help inform the direction of sustainable infrastructure projects.
- Run community engagement events, ensuring that the information is displayed appropriately and the correct facilitators and technical staff are in attendance and, where necessary, facilitate group discussions.
- Be willing to innovate, developing engagement techniques using digital and social media, learning from peers and liaising with colleagues to develop these. Provide project management support and direction to ensure the successful delivery and evaluation of community engagement on individual projects.
- Analyse and present key findings from consultation activities via reports and presentations.
- Manage and organise communication events, such as public exhibitions, opening ceremonies, Local Liaison Forums and site visits to promote high-profile projects. This includes participation at exhibitions and answering questions from the public face-to-face.
- Research and write engaging copy, optimised for use across a variety of communications channels, including web, social media, displays, news media, newsletters and printed leaflets.
- Respond appropriately to correspondence and other enquiries received from the general public, elected members and other stakeholders to ensure that information is accurate and delivers key messages from agreed communication strategies.
- Manage the GCP web pages to ensure they are relevant, up-to-date and reflect the activities of the project in liaison with project officers and digital teams. Produce stills and video footage optimised for use across a range of media, commissioning from third parties where appropriate.
- Qualifications: Key Skill Level 3: 2 ‘A’ levels (4 AS Levels), ONC, OND, BTEC, NVQ level 3 or equivalent. Communications and/or community engagement qualification or experience.
- Experience: Knowledge and experience of marketing and communications techniques including the creation and use of printed and online materials and digital marketing.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.