Job Reference: 58257
- Norwich, Norfolk
- £13.17 - £13.17 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for an interim Communications Officer to work with the Digital, Communications and Marketing team in Norwich. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £13.17 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Working under the direction of a Communications Manager or Principal Communications Officer, Communications Officers deliver communication activity in support of the council’s main objectives. They are responsible for supporting proactive promotional plans, creating material is support of these plans and for responding to incoming media enquiries.
Communications Officers will provide practical advice and support in respect of communications on a day-to-day basis and foster good relationships with relevant officers and members across the council.
- Help deliver the council’s communications strategy to increase awareness and of council activities, or hit behavioural change targets or improve the corporate reputation of the council by working on a number of corporately agreed campaigns each year.
- Produce materials, both print and electronic in support of such plans. These will come from an initial idea by the postholder and will be developed and implemented with support of Communications manager, Principal Communications Officer.
- Work with services to respond to media enquiries and take responsibility for ensuring that such enquiries are resolved in a responsive and positive way that reflects well on the council.
- Provide practical support to members and officers on communications matters, covering a wide range of publications and materials, including print, electronic and social media.
- Produce high quality copy for council publications, both internal and external.
- Work with the web team to ensure that online copy reflects the communications priorities of the council, campaigns and services.
- Assist in the smooth running of a social media channels and content production / delivery.
- Qualifications: Degree level or appropriate professional qualification (NCTJ, CIPR, CIM) essential.
- Experience: Appropriate experience or education in press/public relations. A proven knowledge of day to day media handling and news management in relation to difficult or sensitive issues.
- Compliance: 2 x references and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.