Community Support Officer- Pashto/ Dari Speaking
- Location: Brent, England
- Salary: £18.76 - £23.93 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Zarrin Choudhury
Seven Social Care are looking for an experienced Community Support Officer for Brent Council. This is a full time, temporary assignment initially. This will be working with refugees so we need a Pashto or Dari speaker. You must be fluent.
To provide high quality floating support to newly arrived refugee households in the borough. To assist these households to become settled into their new home and help them to build resilience and engage with local services so that they become embedded within their community. The role will involve working closely with Brent Housing Partnership, the Head of Housing Needs, and Citizens UK to develop and deliver support plans for each member of the household and ensure that any identified needs are actioned and referred to relevant specialist support agency. The post holder will also be required to meet and greet newly arrived households and ensure their safe transition into their new home.
- To continuously learn and improve services for the benefit of the families and Brent Housing Partnership by routinely providing colleagues with feedback about weaknesses in the system and ideas carrying out continual improvement.
- Act as an effective ambassador and advocate with external organisations.
- To capture and maintain accurate case notes and accurate information on databases.
- To prepare pre-arrival support plans dependant on the information provided on the household profile.
- To provide welcome packs and essential initial information to enable refugees to settle into their new home.
- To ensure properties are ready to let and are adequately furnished according to requirement.
- To assist households with benefit claims and setting up a bank account. To explain how to manage a tenancy including utilities, rent payments and how to be a good tenant.
- To navigate and facilitate households ensuring they attend all key appointments and are linked into key services such as DWP, health, education and specialist support providers.
- To provide emotional support, guidance and assurance to households. To be the emergency contact to assist families with any urgent enquiries.
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
- Compliance: DBS.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.