Contract Management Officer – Highways Service
- Location: Huntingdon, England
- Salary: £135 - £180 per day
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Contract Management Officer to work with the Highways Service in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £135.00 – £180.00 per day (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
- To deliver Highways and Transportation commissions which will contribute effectively to the quality of life for the people of Cambridgeshire
To assist in the management, development, commissioning and maintenance of the County Council’s highways and transportation infrastructure and to support effective prioritisation with limited resources and value for money.
To provide professional and technical advice, support and capacity in relation to delivering the Council and Directorate’s objectives through joined-up service planning, community engagement and the flexible use of resources.
The post covered by this job description support the full range of Commissions managed by the Highways Service.
- Deliver customer oriented services in order to ensure that highways and transport commissions meet the needs of local communities, businesses, colleagues and elected members as required by the Service Plan
Implement strategies to assist and advise local communities and businesses in regard to the management, development, commissioning and maintenance of the County Council’s highways and transport commissions
Organise and oversee the delivery of Highway and Transportation commissions/ contracts within the service in order to ensure customer focussed and cost-effective solutions
Communicate clearly and appropriately with different audiences.
Provide professional expertise and capacity to the Highways and Transportation Commissions/contracts
Take a lead on aspects of Highways or Transportation expertise related to specific commissions in order to be able to provide support and guidance to colleagues and to deal with enquiries, concerns or complaints that require specific knowledge and expertise.
Develop and maintain knowledge and contribute to regional and local developments relating to Highways and Transportation in order to ensure its continuing effectiveness.
Develop and promote partnership working with a range of stakeholders in order to achieve service objectives
Develop effective internal and external partnerships and work with a range of stakeholders including other authorities and key organisations in Cambridgeshire in order to ensure that commissioning of Highways and Transportation services is delivered with the maximum effectiveness and efficiency
- Qualifications: HNC or HND or a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience: Knowledge and demonstrable experience of working in a service directly related to Highways or Transportation.
- Compliance: References covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.