Job Reference: 61891
Contracts Officer – Children in Care Team
- Bournemouth, Dorset
- £20.07 - £20.07 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Contracts Officer to work in the children in care team with Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council. This position is paying £20.07 per hour.
To maintain robust contractual arrangements and monitoring mechanisms to ensure all purchasing and contracting activities for Children’s Services are completed in line with BCP Council regulations and National Guidelines in relation to the management of public money, and implemented in accordance with strategic aims and objectives.
- To assist with the preparation of tender documents, contracts and service specifications in liaison with professional staff and in negotiation with providers and prospective providers.
- To provide advice, guidance and practical assistance in relation to contractual and monitoring issues including Children’s Services Managers and staff, and contracted providers.
- To carry out contract monitoring to assess the performance of providers in accordance with stated standards; identifying any required service improvements and completing follow up reports as necessary.
- To maintain accurate computerised records in relation to contracts, provider information and services; and to produce regular management information reports.
- Responsible for approving and processing all invoices for Children’s Services providers. This includes resolving payment queries, monitoring payments, liaising with finance, and negotiating fees for new placements and variations to existing placements.
- Responsible for covering the post of Placement Finding Officer who brokers all external children’s placements which includes liaising with practitioners and independent providers to source suitable matching placement options and undertaking fee negotiations. This is an emergency service that always takes priority above other work.
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.