Job Reference: 62813
- Harrow, Greater London
- £26 - £26 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Contracts Surveyor at London Borough of Harrow Council
Main Duties / Accountabilities
– To contribute to the development and delivery of Housing’s service plan objectives in line with the Smarter Housing Plan and Corporate priorities.
– To contract manage term contractors in a designated area to ensure repairs and void repairs are delivered in compliance to contract terms and conditions and that the services provided are to customer’s satisfaction and expectations.
– To steer the repairs service with the contractor to ensure that first time-fix repairs are maximised, to maximise the use of composite codes and to demonstrate the efficient use of the NHF Schedule of Rates system.
– Ensure that contractors comply with good practice codes, recognised professional standards, appropriate British Standards together with statutory requirements as defined in contract documents and any repairs policy/procedures as required.
– To lead on weekly planned contractors monitoring meetings to review performance and agree corrective actions where appropriate to maintain contract compliance and improvements.
– To manage formal/non-formal complaints/Member/LGO enquiries and ensure repairs are tracked and responses provided in line with the Council’s corporate complaints policy.
– To inspect the repairs and review services provided by contractors following unacceptable performance and ensure these are proactively remedied and agreed actions taken to prevent re-occurrences or escalation.
– To foster and promote active communications with tenants to keep them informed on the progress of their repairs/inspections and to prevent avoidable contacts.
As a member of the Housing Asset Management Team, contribute towards achievement of the services aims and objectives as contained in the Smarter Housing Plan and Repairs Policies
To act as a lead professional in all aspects of repairs and maintenance inspections and the management of repairs providing technical advice in all matters relating to the building stock in a customer focused manner for tenanted and void properties
To manage the performance delivery of repairs and maintenance term contractors to ensure that the services provided are carried out in a professional and efficient manner, ensuring that works are carried out within agreed constraints of time, budget, quality, value for money and customer performance criteria.
To ensure that contractor performance is in compliance with statutory legislation, building regulations, health and safety policies and financial regulations. To be responsible for managing customer complaints, formal enquiries, insurance, compensation and legal claims in a timely manner with a satisfactory outcome and that corrective action is taken to prevent re-occurrences or to improve the service.
Working collaboratively with the Responsive Repairs Maintenance and Cyclical Services Manager and other members of the Asset Management Team to ensure a holistic approach to Asset management and working with the wider Housing Team in a ‘One Team’ approach.
This will include leading on the service specific elements of implementing the new Housing Information Systems. To be responsible for resolving customer complaints/claims quickly and to a satisfactory outcome.
- Delivering repairs and maintenance and voids works.
- Carrying out quality checks to ensure contractor compliance to contract terms.
- Carrying out VFM reviews
- Contributing to the overall development and support of capital programmes.
- Providing information to assist in maintaining an up to date information system on stock condition
- Surveying and inspecting sites and properties.
- Contributing to the development of strategies and policies relating to Asset Management.
- Working in partnership with contractors and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to the promotion of customer consultation, involvement and participation.
- Adherence to and delivery of the Smarter Housing Plan and Corporate Values
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.