CSW – Social Worker – Fostering
- Location: Havering, Greater London
- Salary: £35 - £35 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking a dedicated and empathetic Child Support Worker (CSW) – Social Worker with a specialty in fostering for a rewarding opportunity based in Havering, UK. As a key member of our team, you will carry out various responsibilities in child protection and foster care arrangements, ensuring the welfare and safety of children under our care.
1. Execute all aspects of social services, including case management, counselling, crisis intervention, advocacy, assessment, exit planning, and facilitation of foster placements.
2. Collaborate closely with children, foster care families, and associated professionals to ensure high-quality care and the best possible outcomes for the children.
3. Schedule and conduct regular home visits to foster families to evaluate their environment and ensure the needs of the children are being met.
4. Take part in regular planning and review meetings to assess the ongoing needs and progress of children in foster care.
5. Prepare detailed reports and maintain accurate records of each case.
6. Provide support to children in care during significant life events, such as court hearings, medical appointments, and educational assessments.
7. Provide training, advice and emotional support to foster parents to aid in their understanding and handling of a child’s emotional and behavioural needs.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
1. A degree in social work and registration as a social worker with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) in the UK.
2. Minimum of two years’ experience, preferably in child protection, child welfare, or a related field.
3. Strong understanding of the statutory requirements around foster care.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage with people from various backgrounds.
5. Ability to handle stressful situations and make difficult decisions under pressure.
6. A valid UK driving license and your own vehicle for visiting foster families and other stakeholders.
7. Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and to be on-call as required.
We are committed to the equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and disability.
Note: All successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check as part of our safer recruitment policy.
If you pride yourself in putting children’s welfare first and have the necessary qualifications and experience, we would love to hear from you. Apply now!
(End of Job Description)
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.