Job Reference: 60888
Customer Service Specialist
- Taunton, Somerset
- £12.47 - £15.26 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of temporary Customer Service Specialists to work in Yeovil, Somerset. These positions are initially for a period of 7 months and will be paying £12.47 (PAYE) or £15.26 (umbrella) per hour. These are TEMPORARY positions, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday with current working shifts between 8.30am – 5.30pm.
The contact centre is the first point of contact for customers need help and support regarding the vast number of services offered by Somerset Council (effective from 01/04/23) enquiries include; Highways, Transport, Council Tax, Benefits, Housing, Waste and Recycling and many more.
- Be required to respond to contacts predominately via the telephone however we will be using more digital interactions e.g. live chat and social media as well as email from members of the public, service users and associated professionals, identifying their needs, clarifying issues, providing support and guidance.
- Be required to take all relevant details from the customer and depending on the nature of the contact, you may make formal referrals, suggest appropriate action to resolve the query and, as necessary, refer issues of appropriate urgency or complexity to key contacts/organisations.
- Be required to take ownership of difficult calls, using customer service skills and judgement to determine the best course of action however there are support or escalation routes if necessary.
- Be required to undertake an initial assessment of often complex needs using prompts and information contained on various sources of electronic systems and databases. You will log all enquiries on appropriate systems and sign-post people to online support materials wherever possible rather than using paper materials.
- Work as part of a team to manage the contacts in and out of the Contact Centre and as an individual maintain a constant awareness of real-time activity of customers waiting for a response (electronic queues). We have access to leading edge technologies that will support individuals and the team. Individual responsibility and consideration to work together effectively as a team is still vital. We monitor, measure and track performance within the contact centre to ensure a quality service for customers, to identify and provide support, training and coaching for staff and to provide data and intelligence on what we deliver.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 5 years.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.