Job Reference: 56259
Cyber and InfoSec Risk and Compliance Manager
- South Shields, Tyne and Wear
- £350 - £400 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Cyber and InfoSec Risk and Compliance Manager to work in South Tyneside. This position is initially for a period of 9 months and is paying up to £400.00 per day (PAYE and Umbrella payment options available).
Develop the cyber and infosec risk and compliance function and culture within the D&ICT Service and across the council.
Manage all external compliance activities and assessments including the planning, coordination and delivery of all submission, implementation and remediation activities.
Develop and deliver a co-ordinated and complimentary programme of formal and informal training, engagement and awareness activities to support the development of a strong cyber and infosec culture across all teams and services within the council.
Ensure that cyber and infosec risk is fully assessed, understood and mitigated in all Digital and ICT procurements, developments and implementations and the service requests raised by employees and teams working in services across the council.
Identify, respond and mitigate current and emerging cyber and infosec risks. Ensure cyber and infosec risks are included in the D&ICT and Corporate Risk Registers.
Work with colleagues in D&ICT to develop, maintain and deliver cyber and infosec incident response plans, vulnerability management plans and service continuity plans. Run regular exercises to test and improve plans
- Review / develop / implement policies, tools and working practices to reduce and mitigate cyber and infosec risk.
- Work with other teams within D&ICT to develop and embed cyber and infosec risk and compliance processes and working practices.
- Develop and deliver other engagement and awareness activities around cyber and infosec.
- Ensure that the formal learning and training tools remain relevant and fit for purpose and deliver the required outcomes. Monitor uptake and impact. Identify, procure and implement other training courses and learning tools and resources as required.
- Maintain a schedule of all external compliance and assessment submissions and deadlines.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure the timely and accurate submission of required information and data, with appropriate internal consultation and sign off where required.
- Secure external partners and other external resources to support testing and assessment.
- Oversee the review and implementation of remediation and other activities.
- Identify other cyber and infosec compliance, assessment and certification activities that would be of benefit to the council and strengthen the cyber and infosec posture.
- Qualifications: Recognised training in cyber security. Recognised training in information security. Educated to HND or Degree level or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience of managing compliance with industry standards such as PSN/ Cyber Essentials/ISO27001 within an organisation of comparable size and complexity to the council.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.