Job Reference: 58860
Debt Recovery Officer
- Northampton, Northamptonshire
- £13 - £13 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 temporary Debt Recovery Officers to work in Northampton. These positions are initially for a period of 6 months and have the potential to develop into a permanent role. For the temporary positions, the hourly rate will be £13.00 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To provide an effective, customer focused support service to users of the North & West Northants Councils Debt Recovery service, systems and processes. A point of contact for colleagues and service users for queries.
To provide an effective debt recovery service in order to maximise income for customers and achieve resolution and payment of outstanding debt in accordance with the North & West Northants Councils Collections Strategy. Providing accurate information and support in response to internal and external customers enquires according to agreed procedures, practices and regulatory and legislative requirements.
To answer queries relating to Adult Social Care and Sundry debts.
To ensure an integrated approach to transactions for West & North Northants Councils rough assisting with the implementation of new technologies, methodologies and processes that meet the needs of clients, customers and client organisation.
- Provide operational services within the Debt Recovery team for North & West Northants Councils through the use of telephone, emails, letters and any other communication tool that is appropriate. Responsible for ensuring that efficient, accurate and timely end-to-end processes are adhered to.
- To liaise with, including the provision of updates and data to your Management and third party service providers, e.g. legal services, external debt agencies, as required in the management of efficient debt recovery processes.
- Take responsibility for and resolve service requests, queries, complaints, suggestions and compliments from customers and other stakeholders ensuring operational service priorities are met through adhering to agreed service standards and according to operational procedures.
- Take responsibility and ownership on areas of the service where improvements could be made by making recommendations and implementing agreed changes to improve efficiency.
- Work as part a team supporting your colleagues, mentoring apprentices and new starters to a high standard.
- Qualifications: No qualifications required.
- Experience: No previous experience required although this would be desirable. Candidates with face to face customer service experience would also be suitable.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.