Job Reference: 56605
Democratic Services Officer
- West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire
- £22.78 - £22.78 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Nottinghamshire County Council to recruit for a temporary Democratic Services Officer.
THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT JOB!
This is paying between £20.08 to £22.78 per hour.
To manage the provision and development of democratic services, primarily in relation to the scrutiny function of the Council (including the Statutory Scrutiny Officer role) and to input where required into governance and civic functions, to enable elected Members to perform their roles effectively.
1. To fulfil the role of Statutory Scrutiny Officer.
2. To manage the co-ordination and delivery of a high quality scrutiny function, ensuring adherence to constitutional and statutory requirements.
3. To work with elected Members and other stakeholders to identify issues for scrutiny and to manage and develop an appropriate programme of scrutiny work.
4. To manage the provision and delivery of effective support services to the Council’s scrutiny function including:
a) Conducting, commissioning and co-ordinating research, within available resources
b) Co-ordinating, collating, analysing and presenting information
c) Scoping and conducting projects
d) Preparing reports to committees
e) Actioning Councillor Calls for Action
f) Preparing Annual Reports on the work of Scrutiny committees
5. To act as the main advisor to the Overview Committee and to lead and manage the Council’s Call In procedures.
- 1. A Degree, appropriate management qualification or equivalent experience.
2. A detailed knowledge and understanding of the current and evolving Local Government context and of the legal requirements of local government meetings and political processes.
3. A detailed knowledge of the legal framework and principles underpinning scrutiny and its application to local authorities and external bodies
4.A excellent understanding of the various role, responsibilities and working styles of county councillors, particularly those involved in scrutiny.
5.An excellent understanding of effective budget and project management as a means of improving service efficiency and effectiveness
6. A working knowledge of corporate governance issues, local government ethical framework, political management arrangements and an understanding of Council constitutions.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years experience of working in Democratic Services and building effective working relationships with councillors, chief officers and partners.
- Compliance: Up to date passport.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.