Job Reference: 61714
Depot Plant Supervisor
- Ipswich, Suffolk
- £30000 - £30000 per annum
- Permanent / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with OMNI Resourcing to recruit a Depot Plant Supervisor for their service on Foxhall Road.
£30,000 per annum.
Report to Depot Manager
Job Purpose: To supervise staff, the asphalt plant and mobile plant to ensure the production of material in accordance with specified standards and customer order requirements.
The Role: The Depot Supervisor will provide strong organisational support and leadership alongside the Depot Manager and the operations team, taking the lead in the absence of the Manager. The role holder will form part of the functional operational team, having a multi skilled approach through all operational duties on site, ensuring clear daily plans are met and that the company continues to perform well. The supervisory elements to the position are considered additional to the operator functions. Your specific goals will be:
– Supervising and actively taking part in the production and testing of Asphalt in accordance with relevant company procedures
– Management and ordering of raw materials and record keeping
– Visual inspections and record keeping of equipment
– Leading static and mobile plant maintenance including critical spare management
– Excellent time management/Supervisor skills – flexibility
– Health, safety and environmental responsibilities – Ensuring our systems are adhered to and controlled
– Team player and motivation of the team
– Driving product quality and product innovation whilst maximising production KPIs.
– Staff rostering responsibilities aiming to free his/her own time to cover additional duties of the Supervisor.
– Assisting the manager in driving strategic changes to progress the business initiatives in:
o Health and safety
o Environment and Sustainability
o Preventative maintenance
o Capital projects
- This supervisory position would suit a person who has developed asphalt plant knowledge from experience of the industry, have good organisation experience, working well within teams, forward thinking with clear direction.
Experience: – Previous supervisory position within the industry
– Knowledge of process operations
– Material product knowledge
– Can communicate effectively and concisely using an array of different approaches.
– Good understanding of Business IT systems
– Proven Team work, Being open and honest and sharing information, giving and receiving constructive feedback. Willing to participate and help out and creating a good team spirit being flexible around working shift patterns.
– Planning and Organising: – Setting priorities. Organising resources to meet objectives. Anticipating problems and developing contingency plans. Plan, do and review
– Creating solutions. Defining issues. Developing a range of solutions. Evaluating pros and cons. Implementing the best solution and sharing. Making decisions on own initiative and with others.
– Achieving Quality. Ensuring product/service/performance meet the requirements of the job/customer
– Customer Satisfaction. Understanding and respecting customer needs. Knowledge of lorry movements and systems used to create on time supplies. Seeking and acting on feedback to ensure satisfaction with service. Responding to enquiries and complaints promptly. Striving to exceed customer expectation.
Compliance: Up to date Passport right to work in the UK
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.