Job Reference: 55316
Deputy Head Accountant
- Exeter, Maine
- £25 - £25 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Deputy Head Accountant, The role can be worked remotely, office based or a mix of both, the office base is in Exeter.
To provide financial support and challenge to the Plymouth and South Devon Freezone Project. Some experience of preparing external funding bids, capital schemes and Business Rates would be desirable. The role will need to work with all three authorities to produce a fully costed, funded and risk assessed financial case
To provide Financial services to specific business areas. Key to this area will be the ability to apply judgement from experience and professional knowledge to draw conclusions, influence Heads of Service, in the resolution of conflicting issues and budgetary demands.
2. To manage and direct the staff within the Group in all aspects of their work and to ensure that they are properly trained and achieve the standards of financial competence and expertise required whilst ensuring that team resources fit annual budget targets as established by the Finance Leadership Group. This will include management of cultural change to achieve the transformation agenda.
3. To ensure all financial information, accounts and budgets are produced and reported accurately and consistently, and comply with all financial legislation, regulations and standards set by the County Treasurer.
4. To develop and extend the services currently provided to existing and new customers, as well as exploring new areas of financial support services. In order to maintain the quality and high level of expertise within the financial Support Service Unit. Driving the change agenda.
5. To provide financial advice, direction setting, and financial management support to the officers and Members of the authority within the service area to which they are responsible.
6. To be responsible for the Service Area’s accounting processes such as budget estimate preparation, input into the medium term financial strategy, budget monitoring and year end closing down, payments of accounts etc, thus ensuring integrity of the accounts and the regularity of the Service’s financial transactions and meet corporate timetable deadlines and comply with Accounting Code of Practice requirements.
7. Ensure that budget details are produced in line with targets established by cabinet, as communicated by Corporate Finance and passed on to Chief Officers and Heads of Service.
8. To deputise for the Head Accountant at senior level Finance and operational Service meetings, and occasionally represent finance at committee.
9. Improve and enhance the efficiency of an automated budget preparation, monitoring and accounts close down procedures. Continually assess current practice within Finance to anticipate and adapt to the future requirements of the organisation.
- Qualifications: Qualified Accountant, e.g. CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA or other equivalent qualifications/experience.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.