Job Reference: 56421
Development and Flood Risk Officer
- Chelmsford, Essex
- £150 - £200 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Development and Flood Risk Officer to work in Chelmsford. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying from £150.00 – £200.00 per day (PAYE and umbrella payment options available).
The Development and Flood Risk Officer will log applications, assessing, deciding and informing the Planning Authority whether proposals are supported or objected to, on the basis of flood risk and inclusion of sustainable drainage systems (SuDS). This is part of the Lead Local Flood Authority’s statutory consultee role for major planning applications.
The role is required to work across and understand the policies/processes in highways, water companies and the Environment Agency, maintaining knowledge of recent developments in the field of SuDS including flood risk, water quality, biodiversity, viability, water supply, construction and building regulations. Knowledge and understanding of drainage design and analysis software systems is key to success in this role.
- Responsible for responding to major planning application consultations and chargeable pre-application enquiries within required timescales, updating the applications database/case management system.
- Work collaboratively with partners to address technical issues arising, to resolve quickly with no impact on response times.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of leading edge practice national legislation and guidance, determining effective practical application across the Council.
- Deliver follow-up process to planning consultations e.g. logging assets on the asset register.
- Attend engagement events as required and update partners/interested groups of the team’s activities on a regular basis if appropriate.
- Screening out sites that do not require a response
- Qualifications: Educated to degree level.
- Experience: Working knowledge of water and drainage asset management, including:-general knowledge of SuDS guidance and legislation, principles of sustainable development and best practice in the application of SuDS, basics of water-related law, regulation and policy, statutory planning and SuDS Approval processes.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.