Development Control Technician
- Location: Newport, England
- Salary: £28000 - £28000 per annum
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing is working with Omni to recruit a Development Control Technician.
£28,000 per annum.
Right to work needed.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: The successful delivery of Development Control functions in accordance with IWC Policy and Contractual obligations.
JOB PURPOSE: Support the Highways Development Control Team Leader in the delivery of all contractual obligations with the Local Highway Authority in association with the Highways Development Control function.
– Liaise with and advise the Local Authority / Planning Authority, external bodies, members of the public, developers and planning agents providing technical pre-application highway advise.
– Assessment and processing of the highways elements of planning applications on behalf of the Local Highway Authority. To include for the review of highway planning enforcement, condition discharge and planning appeal issues and the undertaking of site visits.
– Assist with Identifying, negotiating and securing by legal agreement transport and / or highway improvements (or contributions towards them).
– Attend and provide highway representation on behalf of the Local Highway Authority at the IWC Development Control Committee and Planning Appeals as required.
– Assessment and processing of highway agreement applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S38, S278, S228 applications under the Highways Act 1980 to include for associated site inspection to ensure delivery in accordance with approved design / specifications.
– Management of detailed records for all schemes; Ensure delivery of legal agreements, calculation of financial bonds, commuted sums and fees.
– Provide a technical review and analysis of junction capacity, safety and network management implications of scheme drawings.
– Assist in the maintenance of highway adoption records.
– Assist with the delivery of the Highways Search and Property / Street Naming and Numbering process.
Qualifications: – Degree level of education
– Member of the appropriate professional institution
Experience: – Good practical working knowledge of the Highways Act
– Highways design and associated skill sets
– Highway Safety Audit
– Transport planning relating to development work
– Traffic Modelling, Network capacity and analysis of data
– Supervision of teams, preferably in a development control environment
– Managing works on-site
– CDM legislation
– Technical report writing and public speaking.
Compliance:Up to date passport
Travel:Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours:37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.