Job Reference: MM100
Domestic Abuse Worker
- Horsham, West Sussex
- £19.29 - £19.29 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a caring and reliable Domestic Abuse Support Worker to work within one of our Domestic Abuse Services. This position is within the West Sussex area in the market town of Horsham.
Start Date – ASAP
Pay rate – £19.29 an hour
The role of a Domestic Abuse Worker:
You will undertake direct work with clients and their families who have experienced domestic violence / sexual assault, to ensure they receive an appropriate service.
You will work within a multi-agency setting and keep the clients’ safety central to all coordinated responses. You will support colleagues and partner agencies to provide the best possible service to victims.
Working with Children’s social care colleagues, you will be part of a multi-agency team providing support to families within the Family Safeguarding model.
This will include crisis management of victims at high risk, providing one to one or group work to promote safety and understanding of the impact of the abuse for victims and their families, and also advocating for the victim to ensure their voice is heard.
The role is part of the integrated DA hub in the Integrated Front Door, working to ensure victims safety and reduce risk. The work is mainly phone based with number of aspects to the role being part of small team.
Full training will be provided.
- Empower a caseload of clients with a range needs and their carers to manage their health and wellbeing, maintain their independence, identify their strengths and achieve their goals and aspirations, working in partnership with our subcontractors as required in order to achieve this, under the direction of the Team Leader.
- To clearly articulate the aims and objectives, pathway and service model to people using the service so they can fully participate in and co-produce their support.
- Empower service users to engage effectively in their liaisons with professionals within the community such as social work teams, housing providers, health professionals, JCP etc.
- Qualifications: N/A
- Experience: 2+ years working within Domestic Abuse.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work and DBS dated within the last 12 months (or registered on the online update service.)
You will be expected to travel throughout the county to locations that will require you to have your own transport. There is a regular and intrinsic requirement to communicate in English with members of the public.
Hours: 35 hours p/w.
You will be a team player whilst also being able to work on your own initiative to manage crisis situations. You will have a passion for supporting victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence and will be able to communicate effectively with multi-agency partners, so that their voices are heard.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for over a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.