Job Reference: 59080
Early Help Locality Officer
- Tiverton, Devon
- £15.12 - £17 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Early Help Locality Officer to work in Tiverton, Devon. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £15.12 – £17.00 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
The purpose of this role is to support leadership of the Local Partnership (organisations working with children and families), and to provide advice to multi agency partners so that families experience a consistent early help offer across Devon.
The role will be integral to providing practical support to local Area Managers leading the Early Help system, so that children, young people and their families in need of some additional support receive the right service at the right time.
- Managing change and taking a leadership role, alongside the Early Help Area Manager, in developing and maintaining multi agency partnership confidence in the delivery of a consistent and effective Early Help offer to children, young people and families. The post holder will need to promote and lead a shift in multi agency practice to encourage less reliance on statutory services. Currently the multi -agency Early Help Offer is a particular area of weakness. The post holder will play a unique role in the locality in talking with local managers and frontline practitioners to identify how this confidence and change in practice can be improved: Taking responsibility for developing and leading training sessions; coaching and mentoring, facilitating meetings/forums/seminars/ audits of practice to this end.
- The post holder will lead in the development of an Early Help system that empowers families to solve problems and make changes without statutory intervention.
- Acting as an agent for change in supporting partners to meet the outcomes of both strategic and local development plans – Working on behalf of the Devon Children and Families Partnership to co-ordinate the delivery of strategic priorities and help to identify local priorities with partners
- Acting as an officer to the Locality Partnership management structure in order to ensure robust local management of the Early Help system.
- Co-ordinating and running regular multi agency practitioner forums in order to ensure that the opportunity for workforce development and practice discussion for the multi agency families’ workforce is maximised. The post holder will be required to regularly lead workshops and encourage participation from partners.
- Identify and implement a range of activities in order to monitor performance
- Responsible for reporting to a variety of groups, including the Locality Partnerships, in order to inform and monitor the local improvement plan.
- Qualifications: Evidence of higher learning, i.e. NVQ 4 Level in Health, Social Care, Education or Youth Work or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.