Job Reference: 57258
Economic Growth Officer
- Towcester, Northamptonshire
- £19.4 - £23 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 temporary Economic Growth Officers to work in Towcester. These positions are both initially for a period of 12 weeks and are paying £19.40 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To contribute to the development and delivery of the Council’s strategic priorities and objectives.
To contribute to the delivery of team objectives and the delivery of the service in a proactive way maximizing use of new technology and engaging the local community in the region.
To provide efficient and effective support to support the Senior Economic Growth Officer and the Head of Service by contributing to the provision of a high-quality Economic Growth service.
To contribute to the development of Economic Development Strategies for the Council and their implementation.
To liaise with business organisations, companies and other relevant partners in the region as required.
To undertake approved training and personal development enabling the delivery of a proactive and modern economic growth service.
- To support the day-to-day service of the Economic Growth Team in the area as appropriate.
- To contribute to the development of the Economy Team, support in monitoring performance and to flag issues and potential solutions in a timely fashion.
- To provide cover, commensurate with the grade, for the operation and maintenance of the Economic Growth function in the absence of the relevant officers.
- To supervise, mentor and/or direct staff as required when directed by the Senior Economic Growth Officer.
- To work under the direction of the Senior Economic Growth Officer and Head of Service to ensure that there is full interaction with other Council services to provide a quality service in support of matrix management.
- To provide prompt and accurate advice to Services and Directorates on matters relating to the economy, specifically advice to Planning Policy and Development Management on the determination of planning applications relating to the economy.
- To provide support in the development and implementation of all aspects of the Economic Development Strategy.
- To advise on commercial opportunities and associated business planning across the Council.
- Qualifications: Degree within a relevant field.
- Experience: Experience in delivering economic development/business support services.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.