- Location: Islington, England
- Salary: £35 - £46.33 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Zarrin Choudhury
Seven Resourcing are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer for Islington Council on a temp contract initially. This is full time, inside IR35.
Electrical Engineer to join Islington Councils Capital Improvement Team specialising in the life cycle replacement of existing electrical systems for Social Housing. The electrical engineer is responsible for project life cycle from conception to completion including Condition Surveys / Condition Reports; the Feasibility Study; the Specification; Procurement; Contract Administration including signing off new works and the taking over of systems after the defects liability period
The electrical engineer role will suit someone who has a solid electrical engineering background and has experience working for a local authority / social housing organisation or similar experience working with a consultancy
- Manage and progress multiple projects at any one time, both during the design and specification stage, while work is on site and during the defect liability period ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget and to specification.
- Provide technical representation where required for committees, area forums, working parties, client organisations, tenant associations, external agencies and other project stakeholders. Arrange and attend stakeholder meetings as required which will include a high degree of resident consultation.
- Represent the Snr Electrical Engineer when developing and delivering projects with clients and stakeholders to ensure projects are accurately scoped and delivered to meet the council’s objectives.
- Deliver and maintain the highest standards of contract administration, design and budget control on all projects and maintenance contracts. Ensure stakeholders are kept fully briefed and engaged on all aspects of each project
- Provide assistance and advice to technicians and inspectors regarding relevant standards and statutory regulations.
- Qualifications: Qualified as a Chartered Engineer or full member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers, with considerable relevant experience
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.