Job Reference: RQ761884
Energy Projects & Programmes Officer
- Islington, Greater London
- £24 - £31.77 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for an experienced Project Officer for Islington Council. This is a temporary contract initially.
The Energy Projects and Programmes Officer will primarily be supporting one of our major district heating projects, a world-first initiative to use heat from London Underground tunnels to heat local homes, as well as other projects that deliver of the team’s objectives of reducing carbon emissions, energy consumption and fuel poverty.
Ideally we are looking for someone with excellent project and financial management skills (experience with project budgets) and an engineering background with knowledge of district heating.
Candidates must be available to start on 16 January
- Delivering a range of energy and carbon-saving projects, including building retrofit projects (such as installing heat pumps, solar panels, LED lighting, new glazing), expanding district heating networks and overseeing feasibility studies by external specialists
- This involves end-to-end project management, including: Project inception – identifying opportunities for energy savings and how to deliver them; Project development – building up the project, including working with relevant stakeholders, calculating cost estimates, carrying out a cost-benefit analysis, developing the project documentation and seeking formal approval for the project; Securing funding, which may involve writing external funding bids; Drawing up tender documents and procuring contractors to deliver the project; Management of contractors during the project delivery and ensuring stakeholders are involved throughout; Dealing with any issues that arise during delivery, negotiating solutions and using appropriate change controls if required; Managing the project budget effectively to deliver value for money; Completing the project, ensuring the objectives are met and handing over to operations
- Preparing reports, statistics and other information as required.
- Maintaining effective relationships with other council departments in order to identify energy-saving opportunities.
- Carrying out analysis of energy-related datasets using Microsoft Excel
- Reviewing energy statements of planning applications to ensure planning policies related to energy have been correctly implemented and providing verbal and written feedback to staff in the Planning department and developers on their submissions.
- Dealing with correspondence with councillors, residents, local businesses, other council officers, suppliers, contractors and other public sector agencies related to energy.
- Qualifications: Energy, engineering, building services or construction-related degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.