Environmental Case Officer
- Location: Solihull, England
- Salary: £27.76 - £30 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Resourcing is working with Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council to recruit for a Environmental Case Officer.
£27.76 – £30 per hour with potential negotiations for the right candidate.
Initial 3 month contract with the potential to go permanent but this is not 100%.
To provide effective regulatory services in the area of Environmental Health. In particular targeting environmental crime, nuisance and private sector housing, giving advice and guidance, carrying out inspections and conducting investigations.
To be responsible for the effective investigation and resolution of complaints relating to a range of Environmental Health matters including environmental crime.
To inspect and survey dwellings including private rented, owner occupied, houses in multiple occupation and empty properties and to carry out relevant enforcement and licensing activities.
To detect and investigate breaches of the law and, in accordance with Solihull MBC’s enforcement policy, prepare reports for formal action and serve statutory notices, including fixed penalty notices and civil penalty notices.
To be responsible for compliance with procedural legislation and for the safe custody of exhibits and documents.
To give evidence in court or to other hearings, when necessary.
To gather intelligence and identify environmental crimes and issues most harmful to communities.
To develop and work within effective partnerships with a range of agencies from public, private and community/voluntary sectors; and, to deliver partnership projects.
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of other people
Any other appropriate duties as and when required.
- Qualifications: Degree or equivalent qualification in Environmental Health or a related subject.
Evidence of continued Professional Development.
Willingness to work towards obtaining Certificate of competence in using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS).
- Experience: Experience of working with statutory nuisance. Experience of providing advice and guidance on regulatory and/or enforcement issues. In depth knowledge of current practices and techniques used in providing advice and securing compliance with regulatory law. Proven knowledge of legal processes and practices and the principles of effective evidence gathering. Experience of effective conflict resolution.
- Compliance: Up to date passport and 3 years’ references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.